Filing Your Taxes Online is Fast, Easy and Secure.
Start now and receive your tax refund in as little as 7 days.

1. Get Answers

Your online questions are customized to your unique tax situation.

2. Maximize your Refund

Find tax credits for everything from school tuition to buying a hybri

3. E-File for FREE

E-file free with direct deposit to get your refund in as few as 7 days.

Filing your taxes with paper mail can be difficult and it could take weeks for your refund to arrive. IRS e-file is easy, fast and secure. There is no paperwork going to the IRS so tax refunds can be processed in as little as 7 days with direct deposit. As you prepare your taxes online, you can see your tax refund in real time.

FREE audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block

My Free

File 2012 Federal TaxesTurbotax Military Free File4506t Ez FormTax Return For 2012How Do I Amend My 2013 Tax ReturnIrs Tax Tables 1040ezHow To File 2010 Taxes1040ez 2012Tax Filing 2014Amended State Tax ReturnH&r Block Tax FormsAmended Return Form 1040xFile 2010 Taxes Online LateFree State Tax FileingFile Taxes Previous YearsTax FormsWhere's My Amended ReturnWhere Can I File My 2011 Taxes For Free2011 Federal Tax Forms 1040 EzLa State Tax Forms 2012Can I Still File My 2011 State TaxesNeed To Amend 2010 Tax ReturnIrs Ez Form 2012File Free 2012 Tax ReturnFree Taxact 2011Vita TaxesTurbotax 2011 DeluxeHow To File A 1040ezFillable 1040ez Form 2012Irs Free File ProgramEfile 2010 TaxesFiling Taxes StudentForm 1040ez2012 Tax Return OnlineFree State Tax E File1040ezH&r Block FreeTax Questions For Students1040ez 2014File 2011 Taxes Free Online

My Free

My free tax. My free com Part One -   The Income Tax Return The four chapters in this part provide basic information on the tax system. My free They take you through the first steps of filling out a tax return—such as deciding what your filing status is, how many exemptions you can take, and what form to file. My free They also discuss recordkeeping requirements, IRS e-file (electronic filing), certain penalties, and the two methods used to pay tax during the year: withholding and estimated tax. My free Table of Contents 1. My free   Filing InformationWhat's New Reminders Introduction Do I Have To File a Return?Individuals—In General Dependents Certain Children Under Age 19 or Full-Time Students Self-Employed Persons Aliens Who Should File Which Form Should I Use?Form 1040EZ Form 1040A Form 1040 Does My Return Have To Be on Paper?IRS e-file When Do I Have To File?Private delivery services. My free Extensions of Time To File How Do I Prepare My Return?When Do I Report My Income and Expenses? Social Security Number (SSN) Presidential Election Campaign Fund Computations Attachments Third Party Designee Signatures Paid Preparer Refunds Amount You Owe Gift To Reduce Debt Held by the Public Name and Address Where Do I File? What Happens After I File?What Records Should I Keep? Why Keep Records? Kinds of Records to Keep Basic Records How Long to Keep Records Refund Information Interest on Refunds Change of Address What If I Made a Mistake?Amended Returns and Claims for Refund Penalties Identity Theft 2. My free   Filing StatusWhat's New Introduction Useful Items - You may want to see: Marital StatusDivorced persons. My free Divorce and remarriage. My free Annulled marriages. My free Head of household or qualifying widow(er) with dependent child. My free Considered married. My free Same-sex marriage. My free Spouse died during the year. My free Married persons living apart. My free Single Married Filing JointlyFiling a Joint Return Married Filing SeparatelySpecial Rules Head of HouseholdConsidered Unmarried Keeping Up a Home Qualifying Person Qualifying Widow(er) With Dependent Child 3. My free   Personal Exemptions and DependentsWhat's New Introduction Useful Items - You may want to see: ExemptionsPersonal Exemptions Exemptions for Dependents Qualifying Child Qualifying Relative Phaseout of Exemptions Social Security Numbers for DependentsBorn and died in 2013. My free Taxpayer identification numbers for aliens. My free Taxpayer identification numbers for adoptees. My free 4. My free   Tax Withholding and Estimated TaxWhat's New for 2014 Reminders Introduction Useful Items - You may want to see: Tax Withholding for 2014Salaries and Wages Tips Taxable Fringe Benefits Sick Pay Pensions and Annuities Gambling Winnings Unemployment Compensation Federal Payments Backup Withholding Estimated Tax for 2014Who Does Not Have To Pay Estimated Tax Who Must Pay Estimated Tax How To Figure Estimated Tax When To Pay Estimated Tax How To Figure Each Payment How To Pay Estimated Tax Credit for Withholding and Estimated Tax for 2013Withholding Estimated Tax Underpayment Penalty for 2013 Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding your CP21C Notice

We made the change(s) you requested to your tax return for the tax year specified on the notice. You're not due a refund nor do you owe any additional amount. Your account balance for this tax form and tax year is zero.

Tax publications you may find useful

How to get help

Calling the toll free number listed on the top right corner of your notice is the fastest way to get your questions answered.

You can also authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using this Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (Form 2848).

Or you may qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.

What you need to do

  • Read your notice carefully ― it shows the area(s) of your tax return that changed, e.g., Schedule A.
  • If you agree with the notice, you don't need to do anything.
  • If you disagree with the notice, please contact us at the toll-free number listed on the top right corner of the notice.
  • Correct the copy of your tax return that you kept for your records.

Answers to Common Questions

The notice says "Based on the information you provided, we changed your 200X Form 1040 to correct your...". I don't remember sending any change to IRS. How can I find out what IRS received to initiate this change?
Please contact us at the number listed on your notice for specific information about your tax return.

What if I need to make another correction to my account?
You'll need to file Form 1040X, Amended U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.

What if I've tried to get answers and after contacting IRS several times have not been successful?
Call Taxpayer Advocate at 1-877-777-4778 or for TTY/TDD 1-800-829-4059.

What if I think I’m a victim of identity theft?
Please contact us at the number listed on the top right corner of your notice. Refer to the IRS Identity Theft resource page for more information.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 26-Feb-2014

The My Free

My free tax. My free com Index Prev  Up     Home   More Online Publications