Filing Your Taxes Online is Fast, Easy and Secure.
Start now and receive your tax refund in as little as 7 days.

1. Get Answers

Your online questions are customized to your unique tax situation.

2. Maximize your Refund

Find tax credits for everything from school tuition to buying a hybri

3. E-File for FREE

E-file free with direct deposit to get your refund in as few as 7 days.

Filing your taxes with paper mail can be difficult and it could take weeks for your refund to arrive. IRS e-file is easy, fast and secure. There is no paperwork going to the IRS so tax refunds can be processed in as little as 7 days with direct deposit. As you prepare your taxes online, you can see your tax refund in real time.

FREE audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block

I Need To Amend My 2012 Taxes

File Your Taxes Online For FreeIrs Forms 1040xReal Life Tax Filing Block Military NonmilitaryUnemployed File TaxesWhere Can I Get A State Tax Form2012 Federal Tax Forms 1040a2011 1040 Ez FormE File TaxesWhen Can I File My 2011 Taxes1040 Tax Forms For 2011Free Military TaxesMilitary ComFree Sites For Filing State Income TaxesTaxact 2011File A Free Tax ExtensionFree Tax Preparation Software2011 Form 1040Amend My 2011 Tax Return2012 Taxes OnlineFiling State Tax Return OnlyFree Efile For 2011 Federal Taxes2012 Federal Tax Form 1040Filing Past Year Tax ReturnsFree Online Tax PreparationEz Tax Form 2011Tax Act 2012 Returning UserForm 1040ezDo Military Pay State TaxesEfile State TaxesIrs Tax Forms 2012Tax Breaks For UnemployedFile 1040x Online FreeFiling An Amended Tax ReturnHow To File A 1040 EzIrs Tax Amendment FormTurbo Tax 1040nrCan I File My Back Taxes Online FreeI Need To File My 2012 Taxes For FreeFederal Tax Return 2012Can I Efile 2012 Taxes

I Need To Amend My 2012 Taxes

I need to amend my 2012 taxes Publication 531 - Additional Material Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications
Print - Click this link to Print this page

HCTC: Information for Health Plan Administrators (HPAs)

Important Update: The legislation that authorizes the Health Coverage Tax Credit (HCTC) has expired. The tax credit will no longer be available for tax years after 2013. 

Health Plan Administrators (HPAs) are vital to the success of the HCTC program. Your role as an HPA can vary, depending on your level of involvement in helping eligible individuals receive the tax credit.  Below you will find information about how you can help individuals receive this important tax credit.

Complete Ongoing Responsibilities
When individuals claim the Yearly HCTC on their federal tax return, they must submit supporting documents (such as a health insurance bill, COBRA Election Letter, or substitute letter that has the same information that a health insurance bill contains) to show they have the insurance they are claiming.  As an HPA, you can help these individuals if they request information or documentation from you concerning their health coverage.

Returning Funds to the HCTC Program
An HPA can return funds to the HCTC Program for many reasons, including: a member's coverage ended or was cancelled, their premium amount changed, the member changed HPA or Third Party Administrator (TPA), the member is no longer eligible for the HCTC, the member is receiving Medicare benefits, or because an incorrect HPA or TPA was paid.

Prior to returning funds to the HCTC Program, you should:
1.    Contact your HCTC HPA Analyst to inform them of the pending return.
2.    Fill out the Return of Funds Form in its entirety.
3.    Fax copies of the completed Return of Funds Form to your HCTC HPA Analyst with the returned funds. 
4.    Reference the Return of Funds Form to determine the correct mailing address for the type of funds you are returning. Include a copy of the Returned Funds Form with the check, and send to the appropriate address.

Please note: An updated Return of Funds Form with new contact information and instructions will be provided in early 2014 for use beginning in April 2014.

Return to the HCTC Program home page
Go to the HCTC Quick References page to view a glossary of terms, frequently asked questions (FAQs) and additional resources.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 01-Jan-2014

The I Need To Amend My 2012 Taxes

I need to amend my 2012 taxes Publication 334 - Additional Material Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications