Filing Your Taxes Online is Fast, Easy and Secure.
Start now and receive your tax refund in as little as 7 days.
1. Get Answers
Your online questions are customized to your unique tax situation.
2. Maximize your Refund
Find tax credits for everything from school tuition to buying a hybri
3. E-File for FREE
E-file free with direct deposit to get your refund in as few as 7 days.
Filing your taxes with paper mail can be difficult and it could take weeks for your refund to arrive. IRS e-file is easy, fast and secure. There is no paperwork going to the IRS so tax refunds can be processed in as little as 7 days with direct deposit. As you prepare your taxes online, you can see your tax refund in real time.
FREE audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block
© 2010 - 2018 Free Filing H&r Block
Free Filing H&r Block2012 1040ezForm 1040 XFree Tax Software OnlineH&r Block CouponsCan I File My 2012 Taxes LateH&r Block AdvantageIrsFree Website For Filing State TaxesI Filed My Taxes WrongFiling Form 1040x ElectronicallyIrs 2011 TaxesIrs Free Tax Preparation OnlineFile An Amended Tax ReturnFreetaxusa ComCan You File Taxes On UnemploymentH&r Block Free EfileFree Electronic Federal Tax Filing10 40 Ez OnlineFree Tax Preparation ServicesWww Myfreetaxes Com PhillyIncome Tax Software 2012Amend 2012 Tax Return Free1040ez.govAmended ReturnEz Form Online1040ez 2010Irs Tax Form 940 For 2012File Just State Taxes Online FreeState Income Tax ReturnHow To File An Extension For 2012 TaxesHow Can I File 2010 TaxesFile 2006 Federal Taxes FreeAmend Tax Return 2011Federal Income Tax Return1040ez Tax Form DownloadIncome Tax Preparation1040ez Forms Download FreeWww Hrblock Com Lp Efile Html &otppartnerid 9012&campaignid Ps_mcm_9012_0011&omnisource Msn Camp028d E Efile Free M Desktop BmmIrs Gov 1040 Ez1040ez 2012
Free Filing H&r BlockFree filing h&r block Publication 503 - Introductory Material Table of Contents Future Developments Reminders IntroductionOrdering forms and publications. Free filing h&r block Tax questions. Free filing h&r block Useful Items - You may want to see: Future Developments For the latest information about developments related to Publication 503, such as legislation enacted after it was published, go to www. Free filing h&r block irs. Free filing h&r block gov/pub503. Free filing h&r block Reminders Taxpayer identification number needed for each qualifying person. Free filing h&r block You must include on line 2 of Form 2441, Child and Dependent Care Expenses, the name and taxpayer identification number (generally the social security number) of each qualifying person. Free filing h&r block See Taxpayer identification number under Qualifying Person Test, later. Free filing h&r block You may have to pay employment taxes. Free filing h&r block If you pay someone to come to your home and care for your dependent or spouse, you may be a household employer who has to pay employment taxes. Free filing h&r block Usually, you are not a household employer if the person who cares for your dependent or spouse does so at his or her home or place of business. Free filing h&r block See Employment Taxes for Household Employers, later. Free filing h&r block Photographs of missing children. Free filing h&r block The Internal Revenue Service is a proud partner with the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children. Free filing h&r block Photographs of missing children selected by the Center may appear in this publication on pages that would otherwise be blank. Free filing h&r block You can help bring these children home by looking at the photographs and calling 1-800-THE-LOST (1-800-843-5678) if you recognize a child. Free filing h&r block Introduction This publication explains the tests you must meet to claim the credit for child and dependent care expenses. Free filing h&r block It explains how to figure and claim the credit. Free filing h&r block You may be able to claim the credit if you pay someone to care for your dependent who is under age 13 or for your spouse or dependent who is not able to care for himself or herself. Free filing h&r block The credit can be up to 35% of your expenses. Free filing h&r block To qualify, you must pay these expenses so you can work or look for work. Free filing h&r block This publication also discusses some of the employment tax rules for household employers. Free filing h&r block Dependent care benefits. Free filing h&r block If you received any dependent care benefits from your employer during the year, you may be able to exclude from your income all or part of them. Free filing h&r block You must complete Form 2441, Part III, before you can figure the amount of your credit. Free filing h&r block See Dependent Care Benefits under How To Figure the Credit, later. Free filing h&r block Comments and suggestions. Free filing h&r block We welcome your comments about this publication and your suggestions for future editions. Free filing h&r block You can write to us at the following address: Internal Revenue Service Tax Forms and Publications Division 1111 Constitution Ave. Free filing h&r block NW, IR-6526 Washington, DC 20224 We respond to many letters by telephone. Free filing h&r block Therefore, it would be helpful if you would include your daytime phone number, including the area code, in your correspondence. Free filing h&r block You can send your comments from www. Free filing h&r block irs. Free filing h&r block gov/formspubs/. Free filing h&r block Click on “More Information” and then on “Comment on Tax Forms and Publications. Free filing h&r block ” Although we cannot respond individually to each comment received, we do appreciate your feedback and will consider your comments as we revise our tax products. Free filing h&r block Ordering forms and publications. Free filing h&r block Visit www. Free filing h&r block irs. Free filing h&r block gov/formspubs/ to download forms and publications, call 1-800-TAX-FORM (1-800-829-3676), or write to the address below and receive a response within 10 days after your request is received. Free filing h&r block Internal Revenue Service 1201 N. Free filing h&r block Mitsubishi Motorway Bloomington, IL 61705-6613 Tax questions. Free filing h&r block If you have a tax question, check the information available on IRS. Free filing h&r block gov or call 1-800-829-1040. Free filing h&r block We cannot answer tax questions sent to either of the above addresses. Free filing h&r block Useful Items - You may want to see: Publication 501 Exemptions, Standard Deduction, and Filing Information 926 Household Employer's Tax Guide Form (and Instructions) 2441 Child and Dependent Care Expenses Schedule H (Form 1040) Household Employment Taxes W-10 Dependent Care Provider's Identification and Certification See How To Get Tax Help , near the end of this publication, for information about getting these publications and forms. Free filing h&r block Prev Up Next Home More Online Publications
If you're facing foreclosure, get housing counseling and other assistance.
Housing - Avoiding Foreclosure
If you miss your mortgage payments, you may lose your home through foreclosure. Your lender can use foreclosure as a legal means to repossess your home. If you owe more than your property is worth, a deficiency judgment is pursued. Both foreclosures and deficiency judgments have a negative impact on your future credit. You should avoid foreclosure if at all possible.
These steps can help:
- Do not ignore the letters from your lender. If you're having problems making your payments, call or write to your lender's loss mitigation department immediately. Explain your situation. Be prepared to provide them with financial information, such as your monthly income and expenses, loan documents/ type of mortgage, tax returns, the amount of equity in your home. Without this information, they may not be able to help.
- Stay in your home for now. You may not qualify for assistance if you abandon your property.For example, the Hope for Homeowners program only offers 30-year fixed-rate mortgages to owner occupiers.
- Contact a HUD-approved housing counseling agency. Call 1-800-569-4287 or TDD 1-800-877-8339 for the housing counseling agency nearest you. These agencies are valuable resources.
HUD counselors frequently have information on services and programs offered by government agencies as well as private and community organizations that could help you. The housing counseling agency may also offer credit counseling. These services are usually free of charge.
Mortgage and Foreclosure Scams
Most mortgage professionals are trustworthy and provide a valuable service by allowing families to own a home without saving enough money to buy it outright. But dishonest or "predatory" lenders do exist and engage in lending practices that increase the chances that a borrower will lose a home to foreclosure. Some abusive practices include:
- Lease-back or rent-to-buy scams: You are asked to transfer the title to your home "temporarily" to the scam artist who promises to obtain better financing for your mortgage and allow you to stay in your home as a renter with the option to purchase the home back. However, if you do not comply with the terms of the rent-to-buy agreement, you will lose your money and be evicted like any other tenant.
- Fake "government" modification programs: These scams claim to be affiliated with the government or require that you pay high fees in order to benefit from government modification programs. Remember that you do not have to pay any fees to participate in government-approved programs. Some frauds may even use words like "federal" or "government-approved" or acquire website names that make consumers think they are associated with the government.
- Refinance fraud: The scam artist offers to be an intermediary between you and your mortgage lender to negotiate a loan modification. The scam artist may even instruct you to make payments directly to him or her, which the scammer will send to the lender. However, the scam artist will not forward the payments to your lender and you could still lose your home.
- "Eliminate your debt" claims: Some companies may make false legal claims that you are not required to repay your mortgage or that they know of "secret laws" that can eliminate your debt. Do not believe these claims.
- Refinance scams: You are encouraged to sign "foreclosure rescue" loan documents to refinance your loan. In reality, you have surrendered ownership of your home because the loan documents are actually deed transfer documents. You may falsely believe that your home has been saved from foreclosure until you receive an eviction notice months or even years later.
Beware of Foreclosure Rescue Scams-Help is Free
- Beware of anyone who asks you to pay a fee in exchange for a counseling service or modification of a delinquent loan.
- Scam artists often target homeowners who are struggling to meet their mortgage commitment or are anxious to sell their homes. Recognize and avoid common scams.
- Beware of people who pressure you to sign papers immediately or who try to convince you that they can save your home if you sign or transfer the deed to your house over to them.
- Do not sign over the deed to your property to any organization or individual unless you are working directly with your mortgage company to forgive your debt.
Making Home Affordable
The Making Home Affordable Program offers opportunities to modify or refinance your mortgage to make your monthly payments more affordable. It also includes the Home Affordable Foreclosure Alternatives Program for homeowners who are interested in a short sale or deed-in-lieu of foreclosure. Go to makinghomeaffordable.gov or call the Homeowner's HOPE Hotline, 1-888-995-HOPE (4673).