Filing Your Taxes Online is Fast, Easy and Secure.
Start now and receive your tax refund in as little as 7 days.
1. Get Answers
Your online questions are customized to your unique tax situation.
2. Maximize your Refund
Find tax credits for everything from school tuition to buying a hybri
3. E-File for FREE
E-file free with direct deposit to get your refund in as few as 7 days.
Filing your taxes with paper mail can be difficult and it could take weeks for your refund to arrive. IRS e-file is easy, fast and secure. There is no paperwork going to the IRS so tax refunds can be processed in as little as 7 days with direct deposit. As you prepare your taxes online, you can see your tax refund in real time.
FREE audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block
© 2010 - 2018 Ez1040
Ez1040What If I Did Not File 2011 TaxesH & R Block Tax SoftwareHow To Fill 1040nrState E File1040 Ez FormsFile Amended Return2011 Tax Preparation SoftwareH And R TaxFree File Form 4868Ez Form OnlineFree Tax Filing 2011 H&r BlockTax Form 1040ezFree EfileFederal Amended Tax ReturnForgot To File Taxes 2012How Do I Fill Out A 1040x FormFederal 1040ez Forms And Instructions 2013Irs Gov 2012 Tax ReturnTax Software 1040nrFederal TaxesAmend 1040Amending A State Tax ReturnIrs FormsFree Tax Software2012 Form 1040Free State Tax FileFree Tax Software Online1040ez Tax Form 2010Taxact Online FreeWhere Can I File My State Taxes For Free1040 Ez FormState Return1040ez Free Online FilingFree 2011 Tax FormsTax Correction FormNeed 2010 TaxesFile State Taxes Free1040ez Form 2013 PdfTaxes SoftwareFree File State Taxes Online
Ez1040Ez1040 Publication 926 - Additional Material Prev Up Next Home More Online Publications
Mortgages for Home Buyers and Homeowners
Find mortgage programs and resources to get and manage a mortgage.
Finding a mortgage is one of the first steps involved in buying a home. The Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) is the nation's housing agency. They have a helpful list of 9 steps to buying a home, which includes figuring out how much you can afford, knowing your rights, shopping for a loan, making an offer, getting a home inspection, and much more.
On This Page
Shop for a Loan
One of the first steps you'll take in buying a home is shopping for a loan. Learn about common types of home mortgages. There are many sites that can help you find a housing loan:
- Federal Housing Administration (FHA)
- Veterans Loans
- Energy Efficient Mortgage (EEM)
- Public and Indian Housing
- Rural Americans Housing Assistance
Home Buying Programs
There are many home buying programs to help you:
- Home Buying Programs in Your State – Find state or local government home buying programs in your state.
- Good Neighbor Next Door – If you're a law enforcement officer, pre-kindergarten through 12th grade teacher, or a firefighter/emergency medical technician, this program allows you to become a homeowner. If approved, you'll receive a 50% discount off the list price of a home, on the condition that you commit to live in the property as a sole residence for 36 months.
- Local Public Housing Agency – This program helps public housing residents own a home by converting rent into a mortgage payment.
Use these calculators to estimate your potential mortgage and costs.
Consider refinancing your mortgage if you can get a rate that is at least one percentage point lower than your existing rate and if you plan to keep the new mortgage for several years. Learn more about refinancing your mortgage.
Mortgage Payment Assistance
- Making Home Affordable – The Department of Treasury and HUD can help struggling homeowners get mortgage relief through a variety of programs.
- Housing Counseling Agencies – HUD helps these agencies provide homeowners with free or low-cost advice on home related issues.
- Reverse Mortgages – HUD provides answers to frequently asked questions about reverse mortgages.