Filing Your Taxes Online is Fast, Easy and Secure.
Start now and receive your tax refund in as little as 7 days.

1. Get Answers

Your online questions are customized to your unique tax situation.

2. Maximize your Refund

Find tax credits for everything from school tuition to buying a hybri

3. E-File for FREE

E-file free with direct deposit to get your refund in as few as 7 days.

Filing your taxes with paper mail can be difficult and it could take weeks for your refund to arrive. IRS e-file is easy, fast and secure. There is no paperwork going to the IRS so tax refunds can be processed in as little as 7 days with direct deposit. As you prepare your taxes online, you can see your tax refund in real time.

FREE audit support and representation from an enrolled agent – NEW and only from H&R Block

1040x Tax Form 2011

HrblockfreeTax Planning Us 1040a2012 State Income Tax FormsUnemployed Tax Return1040ez InstuctionsCan College Students File For TaxesFreefilefillableformsWww H&rblock1040x 2010Free Turbo Tax Filing 2013Irs 1040x1040ez Tax Form 2012H&r Block Military TaxesIrs 1040ezIrs Form 1040 2010Amended 1040ezInstructions For 1040ezFile 1040ez Online Free1040 Irs1040x Online FormHow To File Tax Extensions OnlineFree Tax Com1040x Tax Amendment FormFree E File State And Federal TaxesFiling 1040nr OnlineIrs Form 1040x Amended Tax ReturnMilitary Tax ReturnFile 2011 Taxes Online H&r BlockTurbotax Amended Return 2011How To File 2011 Taxes LateHow Much Does It Cost To EfileHow To Fill Out Form 1040xHow Can I File State Taxes For FreeLate Filing 2011 TaxesBack Taxes OwedI Need To Print A Free 1040x FormFiling 1040x With Form 9822011 1040 Ez FormFree Efile 20121040ez

1040x Tax Form 2011

1040x tax form 2011 Index A Assistance (see Tax help) F Free tax services, How To Get Tax Help H Help (see Tax help) M More information (see Tax help) P Publications (see Tax help) T Tax help, How To Get Tax Help Taxpayer Advocate, Taxpayer Advocate Service. 1040x tax form 2011 TTY/TDD information, How To Get Tax Help Prev  Up     Home   More Online Publications
Print - Click this link to Print this page

Understanding your CP11A Notice

We made changes to your return because we believe there's a miscalculation involving your Earned Income Credit. You owe money on your taxes as a result of these changes.

Tax publications you may find useful

How to get help

Calling the toll free number listed on the top right corner of your notice is the fastest way to get your questions answered.

You can also authorize someone (such as an accountant) to contact the IRS on your behalf using this Power of Attorney and Declaration of Representative (Form 2848).

Or you may qualify for help from a Low Income Taxpayer Clinic.

What you need to do

  • Read your notice carefully ― it will explain why you owe money on your taxes.
  • Pay the amount owed by the date on the notice's payment coupon.
  • Make payment arrangements if you can't pay the full amount you owe.
  • Contact us within 60 days of the date of your notice if you disagree with the change we made.
  • Correct the copy of your tax return that you kept for your records.

You may want to...

Answers to Common Questions

How can I find out what caused my tax return to change?
Please contact us at the number listed on your notice for specific information concerning your tax return.

What should I do if I disagree with the changes you made?
If you disagree, contact us at the toll free number listed on the top right corner of your notice.

If you contact us in writing within 60 days of the date of this notice, we'll reverse the change we made to your account. However, if you're unable to provide us additional information that justifies the reversal and we believe the reversal is in error, we'll forward your case for audit. This step gives you formal appeal rights, including the right to appeal our decision in court before you have to pay the additional tax. After we forward your case, the audit staff will contact you within five to six weeks to fully explain the audit process and your rights. If you don’t contact us within the 60-day period, you'll lose your right to appeal our decision before payment of tax.

If you don't contact us within 60 days, the change won’t be reversed and you must pay the additional tax. You may then file a claim for refund. You must submit the claim within three years of the date you filed the tax return, or within two years of the date of your last payment for this tax.

What happens if I can’t pay the full amount I owe?
You can arrange to make a payment plan with us if you can’t pay the full amount you owe.

Am I charged interest on the money I owe?
Not if you pay the full amount you owe by the date on the payment coupon. However interest accrues on the unpaid balance after that date.

Will I receive a penalty if I can't pay the full amount?
Yes, you will receive a late payment penalty. You can contact us at the number given on your notice at 1-800-829-0922 if you're unable to pay the full amount shown in your specific notice because of circumstances beyond your control. Contact us by the due date of your payment and, depending on your situation, we may be able to remove the penalty.

What's the difference between the "Child Tax Credit" and the "Additional Child Tax Credit?" Can I qualify for both?
The Child Tax Credit is for people who have a qualifying child and meet the eligibility requirements. The maximum amount you can claim is $1000 for each qualifying child. The Additional Child Tax Credit is for eligible individuals who receive less than the full amount of Child Tax Credit. You may qualify for both the Child Tax Credit and the Additional Child Tax Credit. For more information, see:

How do I claim an Additional Child Tax Credit?
You can claim the credit by completing a Form 1040 Schedule 8812, Child Tax Credit and attaching it to your income tax return.

My child is turning 18 this year. Can I still get the Additional Child Tax Credit?
No. Your child must be under age 17 at the end of 2009 to qualify for both the Child Tax Credit and the Additional Child Tax Credit.

Tips for next year

Consider filing your taxes electronically. Filing online can help you avoid mistakes and find credits and deductions that you may qualify for. In many cases you can file for free. Learn more about e-file.

Use the EITC Assistant on our website to help you complete your Schedule EIC, Earned Income Credit and claim your Earned Income Credit.

If you have any dependent children, remember to check out if you are eligible to claim the Child Tax Credit and the Additional Child Tax Credit the next time you file your income tax return. Instructions for claiming the Child Tax Credit are found in the Form 1040 Instruction booklet. Use Form 1040 Schedule 8812, Child Tax Credit to claim the Additional Child Tax Credit, if you are eligible.

Page Last Reviewed or Updated: 28-Mar-2014

The 1040x Tax Form 2011

1040x tax form 2011 Publication 526 - Additional Material Prev  Up  Next   Home   More Online Publications